Are you an all-round Software Engineer with international ambitions and do you want to develop further? Read on what Van Oord can do for you! For the Department of Production Automation, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for an All-round Software Engineer.
As an all-round software engineer you will be working in the development environment, user support, maintain existing software, expand software, testing, specifications, hardware, images etc. The software is used to retrieve data, presentation, automation and logging of dredging and offshore processes on board our ships.
- Developing/maintaining a stable system, starting from the loading of the data up to visualize, of new and existing software.
- Improve/maintain the development environment and images.
- Empathize with how the software is used by crew and other developers.
- User support and crew, also on Board of the equipment.
We ask for
- Higher vocational qualification in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of C++, knowledge of Linux, C, Java, pre: networks and PLCs.
- Extensive experience, giving you a thorough knowledge of industrial control systems and how communication with these systems works (network knowledge, data bus connections, etc.).
- No 9 - 5 mindset, in other words flexible in terms of times and hours in order to keep the system running properly.
You will be given room to contribute your ideas and see them become reality. You will also go to a ship outside the Netherlands several times a year.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by clicking on the button below. Don't want to apply straight away? You can contact me for more information Van Oord.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.#LI-POST
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.