Do you have an affinity with marine construction and do you enjoy working with state-of-the-art equipment that meets the latest technical standards? Than read what Van Oord could offer you. For our Fleet department we are looking for Chief Officers with dredging experience and/or DP experience within the Offshore industry.
A Chief officer is responsible for the watch and for supervising one or more employees. Besides the normal nautical duties on board you will be responsible for the maintenance and repairs of the installations on board.
We ask for
- At least a secondary vocational degree.
- Experience within the dredging or offshore industry (with a DP Operator Certificate).
- Possession of a valid certificate of competence (>3000GT) according to STCW 95, a seaman’s book and a valid medical certificate.
- A flexible colleague who can cope with stress.
- Willingness to work abroad on a regular basis, ranging from a week to several months.
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages.
We offer you a varied, international working environment in which you will help us carry out our prestigious international projects successfully. You will receive a good salary and an excellent package of fringe benefits.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
You can apply immediately via the button below. More information about this position? Please call our Fleet Recruitment Department.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
+31 88 8268532