Are you looking for a challenging role in which your duties will include managing the various contracts with our suppliers? If so, read what Van Oord could offer you. For the Procurement Department at our head office in Rotterdam, we are looking for a full time Contracts Manager.
In the role of Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the correct management of the contracts and relationships with our suppliers. You will mainly operate at tactical level and create a sustainable competitive advantage for the company. This is a central and varied role within our Procurement Department in which you will have close dealings with internal and external contacts.
- Efficiently managing contracts and framework agreements, from specification to control and contractual compliance
- Evaluating the performance of our suppliers and ensuring that contracts terms and conditions are met
- Working with the Category Managers on the larger strategic contracts
- Making price comparisons and preparing recommendations for cost calculations
- Relationship management (internal and external) and supplier management
- A completed bachelor's degree in a technical or logistical discipline, plus NEVI 1 and 2 Purchasing
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in operational and tactical purchasing, preferably within a large international organisation
- Affinity with maritime, technology and logistics
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- A flexible attitude with regard to the different categories in which you will be involved
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (including listening), be positively critical, resolute and will have the ability to negotiate
- Besides that you also have a healthy dose of curiosity, organisational awareness and sensitivity and persuasiveness
* A background check is part of the application process
A challenging purchasing role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.