Are you looking for a challenging job in which you will be directly involved in new build and modification projects on our vessels? If so, read what Van Oord could offer you. For our Ship Management Department, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Engineer Deck Equipment.
In the role of Engineer Deck Equipment you will be responsible for supporting new build and modification projects on the mechanical systems on board our vessels. You will be involved in the entire project, from concept to delivery and testing.
- Establishing the need of the internal customer
- Translating this need to a concept design and a budget summary
- Managing external parties such as engineering agencies and suppliers
- Supervision during the construction and test phase on location
- Communication with the various parties involved, including the end user
- Reporting and archiving documentation and certificates
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- At least 6 years' relevant experience, preferably in the maritime sector
- Experience in supporting projects and managing external engineering and suppliers
- Knowledge of the Dutch maritime industry
- A good command of English, spoken and written
- Strong communication and social skills
- An independent, hands-on person who can solve problems, take decisions and work in project teams
- A flexible attitude towards travelling and working abroad
A challenging and varied job in which your activities will alternate between the office in Rotterdam and shipyards in The Netherlands and abroad. Together with others, you will contribute to the development and improvement of our vessels and equipment. Van Oord offers an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.