Are you interested in a job where you can be closely involved with both designing and implementing projects in a maritime environment and that allows room for your creative contributions? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. The Engineering and Estimating is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will act as the point of contact for all geotechnical issues that may arise while bidding on or executing Offshore Wind Projects. You will work primarily in our office in Gorinchem (The Netherlands) and you may be assigned for varying periods of time to a project site in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Supporting the project team with geotechnical advice
- Actively participating in research and development programmes
- Developing geotechnical facilities in connection with execution
- Setting model parameters in connection with pile design
- Performing pile-driving analyses
- Predicting spud-can penetrations
- Assessment of harbour areas for the transhipment of windmills, poles and transition pieces
- Arranging, supervising, and interpreting soil surveys
- Training and coaching of junior engineers
We ask for
- A university degree in Civil Engineering, preferebaly Geo-Engineering
- A minimum of 8 year work experience in the field of geological engineering and 4 year experience with geotechnical design of offshore constructions
- Experience with the relevant software including Plaxis and GRLWeap
- Thorough knowledge of the English language (knowledge of the German language is a plus)
- Experience with the design and building phase of offshore wind farms
- A creative and result-oriented person with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and social skills
- The ability to maintain an overview of, and alternate between various projects
- Willingness to work outside The Netherlands
We offer a stimulating working environment in which you contribute to innovative and challenging international projects.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Please do not send applications to my email address. Only online applications via the website will be considered. For this you can use the application button at the bottom of the vacancy.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.