Van Oord Innovation Challenge
Van Oord is on a mission to build a sustainable future
This year, as Van Oord celebrates its 150th anniversary, we’re recalling the past and looking forward to the future. We’ll be marking this important milestone around the world with several events that pay homage to the past and embrace the future. One of the events is a dedicated Van Oord Innovation Challenge.
The Van Oord Innovation Challenge is a quest for new partnerships. Van Oord is looking for start-up entrepreneurs who, like us, prioritise the transition to sustainable energy. The innovations and new technologies in this contest must be effective, profitable, and globally scalable to empower the progress in the energy transition.
After an extensive selection process of all the applications Van Oord nominated 8 participants to join the programme. You can meet the start-ups that are changing our future in in the latest edition of our online magazine.
The next step
Over the coming months Van Oord will support these 8 young entrepreneurs in setting up a professional business plan. The winner of the Innovation Challenge, which will be announced in November, will have the opportunity to present this business plan for an international audience at a Symposium in Rotterdam.
What do we offer?
• Professional support from Van Oord for setting up a mature business case for your proposal.
• Assistance in preparing a mind blowing pitch for the business case at an international conference in Rotterdam (Netherlands).
• Two winning teams will work with Van Oord in 2019 on their proposed solutions.
• Exclusive coaching from Van Oord experts during 2019.
• Access to Van Oord’s global network.