As Acoustic Specialist at Van Oord you will be the embodiment of a strategic choice of our Environmental Engineering Department. Van Oord is looking to fuse our experience to expand its knowledge on underwater acoustics. You will fulfil a central position advising tender- and project teams on managing risks and compliance related to tender and project documentation, like permits, contract, et cetera. During all phases of a project internal and external stakeholder management will be done by communicating and discussing execution plans, risks and opportunities.
During project execution you gather sound related data on and from projects and manage data analyses and (pre / post project execution) modelling. This data is your input for developing and translating innovative and sustainable applications towards specific projects. Furthermore, you:
• set up (sound related) modelling, monitoring, management and mitigation plans to support our tender- and project teams;
• organize and stimulate knowledge development and knowledge sharing;
• maintain a relevant specialist network, participate and co-author in research proposals and papers;
• strive for cooperation with external research programs, universities and research institutes and you will be the primary driver of this network.
You are being described as a well-organised and creative team player with an independent and result-oriented attitude. You like travelling the globe and bringing awareness on the sound related effects of our projects. And you are not shy to take the stage and eager to support colleagues on other environmental topics. Furthermore, you have:
• MSc degree or PhD in Environmental Science / Acoustics / Physics / Marine Biology / Civil (hydraulic, coastal, offshore) Engineering;
• a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in and relevant knowledge on underwater sound aspects, preferably connected to offshore wind or marine construction projects;
• knowledge of physical, (chemical) and biological aspects of the marine environment and/or associated stakeholder management issues;
• excellent command of the English language.
Becoming the first point of contact for all sound related matters will give you an extraordinary position within Van Oord. We have a position to offer with a unique dual character, for somebody who is a researcher on one hand, and an organizer who brings people together at the other hand. Many challenges lie ahead, and you will be the one who drives sound related innovation for the entire company. In addition to your salary, you will receive excellent secondary employment conditions. With more than 50 training courses at our own Van Oord Academy, there is plenty of room to grow and improve professionally and personally.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Acoustic Specialist by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.