For the IT department in Rotterdam, we are looking for a full-time Application Engineer to strengthen our Application Services team. Team Application Services is responsible for the technical management of business applications that support the business processes within Van Oord, worldwide. The team works closely with other disciplines within the business and the IT department.
In the role of Application Engineer you will be responsible for several applications, ensuring optimum performance and availability, and act as the link between the business and IT. This means:
- ensuring optimum performance, availability and 'health' of several critical business applications;
- dealing with disruptions, analysing and solving problems and preparing and implementing changes to the application landscape;
- maintaining constructive relationships with the functional application owners in the business and the technical disciplines within the IT department;
- structured testing and acceptance of applications in the event of upgrades, updates or other kinds of changes;
- managing external suppliers from a technical perspective;
- documenting the application environments, plus writing work instructions and (installation) manuals;
- providing solicited and unsolicited advice to internal customers and stakeholders;
- participating in application-related projects.
- at least 5 years' experience in a similar role in IT support, and in the technical management of applications and databases in particular;
- broad technical knowledge and experience in the area of systems, platforms and databases, such as Citrix, Windows Server, VMware, Oracle, SQL, middleware, interfaces, batch scheduling and networks;
- knowledge and experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), and cloud computing technologies is an advantage;
- the conceptual / analytical capacity to manage the application landscape from both a functional and technical perspective, to conduct problem analyses, solve problems and where necessary propose and implement improvements;
- knowledge of standard IT methods such as BiSL, ASL, ITIL, TMAP and Prince2;
- experience of application release management and application testing;
- excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English;
- good stakeholder management skills with respect to business and IT contacts;
- experience with documenting instructions, standard operating procedures (SOPs), manuals etc.;
- a team player but also capable of taking and maintaining control over the planning and implementation of activities for applications for which he/she is responsible;
- analytical, service-minded, proactive, flexible, action-focused and stress-resistant.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 8857