We are looking for a Business Analyst for the Ship Management department.
Within the Ship Management Department (SMD) of Van Oord, the SMD-Systems department is responsible for the management of a number of Van Oord wide-deployed applications. In addition, there are 2 sub-departments for Business & Information Management (BIM) and Compliancy & Maintenance Management (CMM).
The applications are managed in a competence center and cover the functional areas maintenance management, logistics, purchasing, archiving and human resource planning. The applications work both at head office and on ships and on projects. The subsection BIM is responsible for improving the processes. CMM is responsible for defining and implementing the maintenance and compliancy policy within SMD.
- As a Business analyst you will work within the Business & Information management subsection.
- Within this subsection you are responsible for improving and optimizing the relevant processes.
- You organize workshops to determine the specifications, you are able to bridge opposite interests and convince stakeholders to come to unambiguous solutions. You are able to draw up implementation plans and help to implement them.
- In addition, data access & analysis (Business Intelligence) is part of the package of tasks, as well as supporting the various competence centers for the support on the applications.
- At least a bachelor degree of work and thinking level and more than 10 years of work experience as a business analyst or in information management.
- Knowledge of business, application and data architectures.
- Affinity with processes for a fleet manager (shipping company), human resource planning and with logistical and financial processes.
- Experience with project management.
- Good command of the English language in word and writing.
- Knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tooling (Qlik, Power BI) is an advantage.
- Being able to switch analytically strongly and quickly from global to detail.
- Service oriented and stress resistant.
- Proactive and independent.
- Didactic skills for defining specifications and presenting solutions.
- Lean IT certified is an advantage.
- Having the "drive" to continuously improve yourself and your environment, because we want to make a professionalization of Van Oord in the use and support of our information systems.
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional team but also an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet?
Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Edwin van der Slagt, Corporate Recruiter, T: +316-15056874,
E: email@example.com, nl.linkedin.com/in/edwinvanderslagt/
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190