Did you ever thought of designing and changing the IT landscape from Rotterdam to Dubai with “ground-breaking” technology'? As a Business and IT Architect at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. From deep in the water to high in the air, our technical environment is often unique and is without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. Which brings quite some consequences in solutions and design choices while developing the change roadmaps. Do you dare?
For the Enterprise Architecture team, part of the Rotterdam based IT organization, we are looking for a full-time Business and IT Architect to strengthen the team.
We are looking for a team player who is focused on adding business value for our internal customers by using your skills and knowledge to adequality architect the future of the business departments, create coherence and formulate clear and pragmatic roadmaps.
As Architect you will lead the way-of-working according to the change management process and evangelize the business value of this process to different stakeholders. Our key drivers are: customer focus, user experience, performance analysis, and delivery automation. You will have an essential role in setting up and maintaining a future-proof process, data and IT landscape that facilitates and supports the Van Oord strategic organizational goals. Next to this you will play an important role, together with the architecture team, to mature the Architecture capability within the Van Oord organisation.
- Help to develop and mature the process of architecture in the Van Oord organisation
- Support and or develop business and or solution architectures (together with other business and solution architects
- Ensuring consistent execution of the process across the organization;
- Facilitating/leading architecture related meetings;
- Monitoring, measuring, and reporting on the effectiveness of the process;
- Continually improving the process;
You are an analytic, service oriented, proactive Architect who is flexible, energetic and stress resistant. Further you are a team player who takes ownership, with good communication skills and capable of building bridges between business and IT-disciplines
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in IT or Business Administration related to architecture and change
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in a similar role, preferably in a medium/large international organization.
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English languages (written and spoken);
- TOGAF or other architecture methods certified
- Experienced in business consultancy and analysis
- Experienced in BPNM or other process management methods
- Experienced in data modelling, data architecture and data governance
You end up in a company with a unique (family) history, a typical Dutch product and an international work environment. Because we work with solutions that we often have to invent from scratch, the generation of ideas is the order of the day. We like to listen to yours! You also get:
- a salary that suits your responsibilities
- more than average number of holidays
- a variable bonus
- an excellent pension scheme
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren