For the Finance & Control department in Rotterdam, we are looking for a full-time Business Controller to strengthen the Finance & Control team and perform the (part-time) role of SPC financial controller for the Afsluitdijk DBFMO project. Because of the involvement with several Dutch stakeholders on the Afsluitdijk project, Dutch speaking candidates are welcome to apply.
Finance & Control
The Finance & Control department is responsible for financial reporting, group controlling, tax management and group accounting of the Van Oord group. The department has recently initiated a Finance Transformation Programme (MI-7 Programme), involving various improvement initiatives around People, Processes, Systems and Performance. The MI-7 Programme will execute a three year programme that will both fix the fundamentals while – at the same time – moving forwards towards a professional, lean, future-proof and agile finance organization.
The ‘Levvel’ consortium comprising of BAM, Rebel and Van Oord Aberdeen Infrastructure Partners has recently won the DBFMO tender awarded by Rijkswaterstaat for the upgrade and renovation of the Afsluitdijk in The Netherlands. This project consists of a ca. 4.5 year construction period and a 25 year operations and maintenance period thereafter. Within the Van Oord group, the construction of the project resides with Van Oord Nederland.
Purpose of the job
As a Business Controller (0.7FTE) you will provide financial analyses and management information on trends and risks in order to improve the overall financial business performance and efficiency in business processes within Van Oord. You will part-time perform the role of SPC financial controller for the Afsluitdijk project. As SPC financial controller (0.3 FTE) you are responsible for managing and controlling the finance component of the multidisciplinary DBFMO project (Design | Build | Finance | Maintain | Operate) during the contract period: financial modelling, long term forecasting, ensuring compliance with a set of credit agreements with banks and other financial institutions and preparing accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting.
You will be based at our head office in Rotterdam. Regular travel to the temporary project office in Gorinchem and the project site in Den Oever is part of the job.
- Explain, review and monitor the financials by providing financial (variance) analyses and high quality management information (including both financial and non-financial information / KPI’s;
- Challenge the business and provide decision support and financial analysis to drive strategy and inform business decisions;
- Actively participate in the Finance Transformation Programme by providing (hands-on) support and giving expert advice;
- Control of the SPC (Special Purpose Company; holding the funding of the project) of specifically the Dutch DBFMO Afsluitdijk project and you play a key role in financial decision making and controlling business processes.
- University degree in Business Administration / Economics including preferably a CA / RA / RC degree;
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience in an international business environment in audit, finance or controlling;
- Strong initiative and a self-starter, being able to identify opportunities to drive value
- Agile, fast learning and resilient;
- Attention to detail and ability to drive process to completion;
- Effective team player with strong communicative skills;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both orally and in writing;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel;
- (Preferably) experience IFRS;
- Knowledge of and affinity with finance documentation is a plus.
An interesting job with a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind) combined with an unique chance to contribute to a unique Dutch project.
Want to get an impression of the Afsluitdijk project scope? https://vimeo.com/155092154
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/van-oord/jobs/
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.