As Business Controller Junior you will focus on our Subsea Rock Installation projects. Van Oord offers Subsea Rock Installation services worldwide. Being one of the main scopes within our offshore wind, pipeline and cable installation projects, Subsea Rock Installation is one of the core talents of Van Oord.
Your job is to make sure that we have a clear insight into the P&L and the benefit-cost ratio of these high turnaround projects. Amongst others, you will focus on accounting, reporting and analysis. Next to that we want you to step into the world of digital and expand our insights. Profitability per client or vessel used, price development of stone and fuel and average delay due to weather per region are just some of indicators that we would like to see in dashboards. We want to challenge you to go deeper.
You will be working together with and reporting to the Business Controller at our offshore division office in Gorinchem, the Netherlands. Do you want to learn more about Subsea Rock Installation? Click here
Your main goal is to deliver valuable insights to Tender Management, Project Management and BU Directors. To achieve this you will be responsible for:
- development of solutions in order to extract information from various sources throughout the company;
- set up and maintain flow of real-time information from projects in execution;
- working in close collaboration with colleagues from the Finance & Control, Estimation-, Data Engineering-, and IT department;
- compare estimates with actuals and perform root cause analyses;
You have a natural insight in numbers and know how to translate numbers into management information. Working independently and being solution driven gives you lots of energy. We appreciate it when you have strong affinity with data, digital, automatization and process improvement. You are currently located in the EU and you bring the following to the table:
- at least a Bachelor degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent;
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience;
- knowledge or experience with financial administration and financial processes;
- excellent MS Excel skills combined with basic programming skills (MS Excel and BI software, f.e. VBA, Qlik, PowerBI, etc);
- excellent command of the English language;
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.