The primary purpose of this role is to provide valuable insights for our Business Unit Netherlands and challenge them at the same time. You will drive strategy and support operational and strategic decision-making and to ensure compliance and effective controls. You will work at our head office in Rotterdam where our Business Unit Netherlands is located.
You advise the business unit managers on all financial aspects of actual developments and budgets, including opportunities and risks (e.g. finance, guarantees, cash flow, tax, currencies). Besides that, you:
- set up cost control and an accounting frame work for major activities / subsidiaries for the Business Unit Netherlands;
- monitor the execution of strategic roadmaps and ensure proper follow-up;
- prepare and challenge financial presentations, reports and overviews;
- act as a sparring partner and provide support and guidance to the Finance Director and other members of the MT;
- act as a first point of contact for Group Finance & Control on BU related queries;
- create, review and improve business processes (Van Oord Way of Working).
You are a self-starter with strong initiative and able to identify opportunities to drive value. Keywords for your personality are pro-active, agile, fast learning and resilient. You have very strong communicative skills and you are an effective team player, which combined give you the capability to be successful with the Business Unit. We appreciate it when you have experience with OneStream. Furthermore you have:
· at least Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Economics (preferably a CA / RA / RC degree);
· a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in a complex (project) business environment;
· knowledge of and affinity with (contractual) finance documentation;
· excellent command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
A role that lets you set up your own shop and be the ‘right hand man’ of our Finance Director Business Unit Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to develop this new position within Van Oord. We offer you freedom to develop your technical skills and personal competences. In addition, we offer:
- a salary to match your responsibilities and experience;
- flexible working hours;
- an excellent pension scheme
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for this position by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.