As a Business Development Officer you represent Van Oord in respect of its activities in the UK and Ireland dredging markets, including coastal protection and marine outfalls. You provide advice to UK Area Management team regarding future project opportunities and actively assist in the preparation of pre-qualification and tender submissions.
- Represent Van Oord to external parties within the UK Ireland. Develop and maintain contact with clients (existing and potential), consultants, contractors, suppliers, authorities and stakeholders. Coordinates representation activities with representatives of JT Mackley, a subsidiary company.
- Identify and obtain information regarding future project opportunities in the UK and Ireland that will be of interest to Van Oord. Consider and make recommendations regarding possible partnerships, both with other contractors, consultants and others, for the delivery of large or complex projects.
- Actively assists in the preparation, including writing, of pre-qualification and tender submissions. Liaises with Van Oord internal departments (e.g. Estimating and Engineering, Project Office, Pre-qualification Desk) to obtain information to support submissions. Liaise with and coordinate with JT Mackley, partner contractors, consultants and others as required.
You will combine commercial activities with project related tender submissions. You are flexible to travel (as and when required) around the UK / Ireland and to Van Oord’s offices in the Netherlands. Furthermore you have:
- A university degree level, engineering related;
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-graduate working, of which some working in the marine environment;
- Previous experience of dredging, coastal construction and marine outfall projects;
- Experience and capability in the preparation, including writing of tender and pre-qualification submissions;
- Experience of projects delivered using the NEC Suite of Contracts;
- Self-motivation, ability to plan and work to deadlines within teams, both co-located and remotely;
- Current residency in the UK, preferably in the Brighton area.
A challenging job based in Small Dole (Brighton, UK) where we appreciate your sharp eye and build on your expertise every day. You get a lot of responsibility and a special opportunity to work on leading projects. Furthermore, you also get:
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Plenty of space (and training budget) to develop professionally and personally, also internationally, so that you can continue to grow in your role;
- A salary that suits your experience and responsibilities.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Business Development Officer (UK) by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 8202