Do you consider it to be a challenge to bridge the gap between theory and practice? Do you have technical knowledge and would you like to work in an international work environment? Please read further about what Van Oord has to offer you!
Did you ever thought about designing and optimizing of a distributed information landscape? As Business Systems Analyst at our shipping department you can indulge yourself. You use your knowledge about systems and business to design optimised processes and to implement these into the systems. The applications are managed in the competence center and are used at the headquarter, on our vessels and projects world-wide.
As an analyst you are responsible for improving and optimizing business processes, setting up specifications (Use Cases) through workshops and planning realization and implementation. Stakeholder management is an important aspect of the position. Furthermore, you are responsible for:
- help to develop and mature the process of architecture in the Van Oord organisation;
- are able to manage conflicting interests and to convince stakeholder of the importance of unequivocal solutions;
- support and or develop business and or solution architectures (together with other business and solution architects;
- draft and carry out implementation plans coordinate with suppliers where necessary.
You have adequate knowledge of business-, application and data architectures. You are an analytic, service oriented and proactive analyst. A team player who takes ownership. Furthermore, you:
- hold a bachelor or master's degree in IT or Business Administration related to architecture and change;
- minimum of 10 years relevant and recent work experience as business analyst of in information management;
- excellent command of both Dutch and English languages (written and spoken);
- have certification TOGAF or other architecture methods certified;
- have proven experience with project management.
- experience in the maritime industry is an advantage
A challenging role at our Ship Management Department in which you get a lot of independence and responsibility. Because we work with solutions that we often have to invent from scratch, the generation of ideas is the order of the day. We like to listen to yours! In addition, you:
- a salary that suits your responsibilities;
- more than average number of holidays;
- a variable bonus;
- an excellent pension scheme;
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below on the position of Business Systems Analyst! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190