Are you an experienced draftsman with affinity for people, technology and processes, and do you want to make an important contribution to innovation and challenging offshore wind projects? If so, we are looking for you! Van Oord is looking for a CAD Designer for our Engineering and Estimating department, based in Gorinchem.
In the role of CAD Designer, you will be responsible for 3D modelling and creating 2D construction drawings for our offshore wind projects within the Engineering & Estimating department of the Offshore Wind Business Unit.
- Creating 3D models of offshore wind turbine foundations and related structures, and presenting those models in detailed 2D construction drawings
- Setting up visualisations and drawings with associated parts lists
- Visualising clashes and clarifying construction and operational issues
- Contributing to the standardisation and optimisation of work processes
- Following up on revision management
- A diploma at intermediate or higher vocational level, preferably in mechanical engineering
- Experience as a technical draftsman of (offshore) steel structures
- Experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with Autodesk Vault is an advantage
- Knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- Affinity with the offshore wind industry
- A driven and meticulous colleague with good communication and social skills
Van Oord offers a challenging working environment with attractive opportunities for further development. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.