Van Oord is looking for a CAD Designer for our Offshore Wind department, based in Gorinchem.
In the role of CAD Designer, you will be responsible for creating 2D and 3D drawings for our offshore wind projects within our Offshore Wind Department.
- Creating detailed 2D and 3D drawings for our offshore wind installation projects, such as deck layouts, lifting plans, rigging plans and vessel positioning.
- Contribute to finding efficient methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components.
- Identifying clashes and clarifying operational issues by making 3D visualisations.
- Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes within the drafting office.
- Contributing to the process of design and engineering of project specific installation tools and equipment.
- A degree at intermediate or higher vocational level, preferably in mechanical or civil engineering.
- At least 5 years' experience as a CAD Designer on Offshore Wind or Offshore Oil &Gas projects.
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor 3D.
- Experience with engineering of structures.
- Outstanding knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
- A driven and meticulous colleague with good communication and social skills who enjoys working in a team.
- Willingness to travel (inter)nationally to project locations occasionally.
Van Oord offers a challenging working environment with attractive opportunities for further development. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Bas van der Muren
+31 88 8262499