Do you want to function as an interface between financial markets and Van Oord's internal bank? Are you interested in complex currency processes, global cash management and financial markets and can you link them to what is happening within an organisation? And would you like to build a team with all the challenges and chances that come with it? If so, read what Van Oord could offer you. For our Corporate Treasury department (head office in Rotterdam) we are looking for a full-time Cash & Currency Manager.
In your role as Cash & Currency manager you are part of the treasury operations team and you will report to the Manager Treasury Operations. You will be responsible for the day-to-day treasury operations like managing the cash, and FX and commodity hedging. Additionally, you will identify cash management and IT optimization potential and present solid solutions, adhere to overall compliance with treasury policies and processes, and together with the Treasury analyst develop management reporting and KPIs. You act as the company’s expert in the above referenced areas. As such, you will represent Van Oord to various external stakeholders like banks and service providers, and represent Treasury Operations internally to operating units and other corporate departments.
The Corporate Treasury department consists of a team of 12 driven colleagues. The department is responsible for managing financial risks, managing the global liquidity of Van Oord, managing the warranty portfolio and arranging corporate export credit and project finance.
- Support and advise your business colleagues on hedging, cash and bank management strategies (in cooperation with treasury manager)
- Execution and reporting of cash management and hedges
- Ensuring compliance with company and bank policies
- Optimize cash visibility and cash management
- Develop, implement and adhere to cash & currency management KPIs
- Supporting treasury IT and other projects
- Sparring partner to finance community within his organization, organize workshops & webinars
- A Master degree in finance, economics or accounting
- 3+ years' work experience in treasury operations, preferably within a large international organisation
- Proven treasury operations skills and a practical knowledge of the relevant financial markets, financials models and tools
- Solid working experience with Excel and other financial applications, experience with SWIFT and ITS are a plus
- Professional qualifications such as AMCT/RT/CFA are a plus
- Excellent command of the English language, preferably the Dutch language as well
- A highly professional service orientation and strong communications skills
- Hands-on mentality, a result oriented approach and feeling comfortable working in a highly dynamic and demanding environment
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify efficiency potential and the ability to present solid solutions
* A background check and an online assessment will be part of the selection procedure *
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.