Together with two colleagues you will be responsible for the development and implementation of procurement strategies for subsea cables during all phases of our projects: tender, preparation and execution. In close collaboration with the direct stakeholders within Van Oord Offshore Wind, you make sure that we have partnerships with our suppliers of the highest quality and with interesting pricing at the same time. Your focus: added value, competitive edge, cost efficiency and risk reduction.
As Senior Category Manager Cables you are the first point of contact for the purchase of subsea cables. Alongside the stakeholders you determine the requirements and develop new and distinguishing strategies for the entire cable supply chain. You make sure that these strategies are implemented and evaluated. Furthermore, you will:
- research existing procurement methods and point out where synergy and improvements are possible, for example: defining work packages suitable for framework agreements;
- know exactly who you are doing business with by identifying and pre-qualifying suppliers;
- keep your stakeholders informed pro-actively with clear overviews which you translate to potential value propositions;
- share your market knowledge generously.
You want to combine your technical knowledge of cables with your affinity with commerce and the maritime industry. We appreciate it when you have NEVI 2, CIPS level 5 and knowledge of FIDIC contracts (or that you would like to gain more expertise on this). Your guts, entrepreneurship, curiosity and pragmatic attitude make sure that our Supply Chain will keep on developing. You are critical in a positive way, flexible but resolute at the same time. You master the art of listening. In addition you have:
- a master degree in a technical field (f.e. Civil or Electrical Engineering);
- very extensive knowledge on high voltage cables preferably offshore wind related;
- the willingness to work abroad 5 to 10% of your time;
- excellent command of the English language, both verbally as in writing;
- experience with change management and implementation of strategical initiatives.
A procurement position in which you are going to cover a lot of distance, both literally and figuratively. You will really be able to get things done and you have the freedom to develop your technical skills as well as your personal competences. A nice bonus: our windfarms contribute to sustainable energy and a better climate. Next to that we offer:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- flexible working hours;
- an excellent pension plan;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance or company car.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Category Manager Cables Senior by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated. This vacancy is handled exclusively by one of our supplier.