Together with a colleague you will be responsible for the development and implementation of procurement strategies for foundations during all phases of our projects: tender, preparation and execution. In close collaboration with the direct stakeholders within Van Oord Offshore Wind, you make sure that we have partnerships with our suppliers of the highest quality and with interesting pricing at the same time. Your focus: added value, competitive edge, cost efficiency and risk reduction.
As Category Manager Foundations you are the first point of contact for the purchase of foundations. Alongside the stakeholders you determine the requirements and develop new and distinguishing strategies for the entire supply chain. You make sure that these strategies are implemented and evaluated. Furthermore, you will:
- research existing procurement methods and point out where synergy and improvements are possible, for example: defining workpackages suitable for framework agreements;
- know exactly who you are doing business with by identifying and pre-qualifying suppliers;
- keep your stakeholders informed pro-actively with clear overviews which you translate to potential value propositions;
- share your market knowledge generously.
You want to combine your technical knowledge of foundations with your affinity with commerce and the maritime industry. We appreciate it when you have NEVI 2, CIPS level 5 and knowledge of FIDIC contracts (or that you would like to gain more expertise on this). Your guts, entrepreneurship, curiosity and pragmatic attitude make sure that our Supply Chain will keep on developing. You are critical in a positive way, flexible but resolute at the same time. You master the art of listening. In addition you have:
- a master degree in a technical field (f.e. Civil or Stuctural Engineering);
- very extensive knowledge on foundations preferably offshore wind related;
- the willingness to work abroad 5 to 10% of your time;
- excellent command of the English language, both verbally as in writing;
- experience with change management and implementation of strategical initiatives.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Bas van der Muren