Are you looking for a job in which you can get the best out of your purchasing expertise? As a Category Manager IT, you independently set up sourcing projects in the field of hardware, software and other IT services. You are responsible for the entire process from tender and selection to contracting. You regularly liaise with all stakeholders and Van Oord’s worldwide suppliers. Therefore candidates both in- and outside of the EU are welcome to apply!
In addition, in due course, in close collaboration with IT, a purchasing strategy will be developed per subcategory, resulting in lower costs, fewer risks and continuity in available services and equipment.
- Advise the internal business stakeholder when formulating the needs / specifications,
- Develop and prepare the purchasing strategy to be implemented,
- Guidance and execution of RF (x) processes,
- Review quotations,
- Consult with suppliers, conduct negotiations and close agreements,
- Drafting purchasing agreements in collaboration with the legal department,
- Ensure that the delivered goods and / or services correspond with pre-agreed supplier performances,
- Advise on current contracts regarding Continuous Improvements, possible extensions or additional work requests,
- Business partner of the management and the linking pin between suppliers, IT and users.
- Develop the long-term IT strategy per subcategory and implement it based on a spent analysis and best practices, together with the IT stakeholders a purchasing strategy.
Minimum HBO working and thinking level,
At least 6 years of experience at tactical level and proven experience at strategic level,
Excellent IT knowledge, possibly supplemented with relevant training courses,
Good communication skills that will inspire and convince,
Able to make a proactive contribution to the further development of the Procurement department,
A team player,
Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both orally and in writing,
Independent and a self-starter,
A positive, customer-oriented and result-oriented attitude, thinking in solutions,
Willingness to travel, if necessary.
A varied working environment where you have the opportunity to contribute Van Oord in various prestigious projects.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.