To successfully execute an EPC project there are various essential products and services required, beside the main subcontracts. For the most frequently used packages we would like to apply a category management approach and set up partnerships and / or framework agreements. As a Category Manager (Project Specials) you will be based at our Gorinchem office and will develop, align and implement sourcing strategies for these packages in close cooperation with key stakeholders. It is your goal that the project teams and selected preferred suppliers can swiftly start to work together and thereby ensuring a smooth operation, resulting in increased quality, lower costs and risks and in the long run bring innovations within Van Oord.
The categories to focus on in this position are various, but are all project related such as:
- Supporting equipment: Hammers, Crawler cranes, Hydraulic lifting tools, Earth moving equipment, winches, cherry pickers, etc…
- Supporting services: Diving, cleaning, cable testing & termination, Geotechnical survey, etc…
- Products/Solutions: ICCP, Scaffolding, Grout, bolting, etc…
This great variety of subcategories requires that you work closely together with all the available experts within Van Oord.
- Gather all relevant market and supplier information of the subcategory and complement this data with the internal business requirements.
- develop a distinctive sourcing / supply chain strategy in close cooperation with internal stakeholders and make use of cross-business unit synergies if applicable (Offshore/ Offshore Wind / Dredging).
- Implement the proposed sourcing strategy.
- Negotiate and evaluate contracts, supported by legal, to secure terms that are in the best interest of the company.
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with key (global) suppliers and ensure an excellent service level.
- Ensure a competitive advantage by identifying and developing supplier innovations and product improvements.
- BSc or MSc degree in preferably in Engineering;
- Experience in operational project execution;
- Excellent knowledge of strategic sourcing, supplier management and category management, preferably in an international environment;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Results driven, hands-on and a can do mentality;
- Experience in coaching, motivating and managing team members/peers;
- Ability to adapt to the diversity of internal clients and suppliers;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Willingness to travel if required.
We offer responsibility and freedom to book your results together with the business. You get plenty of opportunity for your own development. Naturally you receive a good salary and benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.