Are you the Procurement expert who can bring the distinctive supplier value within Van Oord in various Non Product Related categories? As Category Manager Staff Support (NPR) you will be a welcome addition to our Category Management team based in Rotterdam. In this role you will primarily liaise with van Oord's Dutch suppliers. Therefore Dutch speaking candidates are welcome to apply!
The Category Manager develops, aligns and implements a sourcing strategy in close cooperation with key stakeholders within Van Oord in order to achieve competitive advantage, cost savings, risk reduction and distinctive value. The main categories to focus on in this position are Non Product Related; such as Travel, Lease cars, Energy, Facilities, Communication and various other staff supporting subcategories.
- Collect, analyse and verify (complex) information about the category sourcing data, market information, supplier profiles and technologies.
- Develop a sourcing and value chain strategy in close cooperation with internal stakeholders.
- Implement the proposed sourcing and improvement strategy.
- Negotiate and evaluate contracts, supported by legal, to secure terms that are in the best interest of the company.
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with key (global) suppliers and ensure an excellent servicelevel.
- Ensure a competitive advantage by identifying and developing supplier innovations and product improvements.
- BSc or MSc degree preferably in Business Administration or another relevant discipline,
- Excellent knowledge of strategic NPR sourcing, supplier management and category management, preferably in an international environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills,
- Results driven, hands-on and a can do mentality,
- Experience in coaching, motivating and managing team members/peers,
- Ability to adapt to the diversity of internal clients and suppliers,
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both orally and in writing,
- Willingness to travel if required.
We offer responsibility and freedom to book your results together with the business. You get plenty of opportunity for your own development. Naturally you receive a good salary and benefits package..
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.