Can your technical and procurement expertise help us improve our asset availability and lower our Total Cost of Ownership? As Category Manager Steel & Construction you will be a welcome addition to our Catergory Management team based in Rotterdam. In this role you will liaise with van Oord's worldwide suppliers. Therefore candidates both in- and outside of the EU are welcome to apply!
The Category Manager develops, aligns and implements a sourcing strategy in close cooperation with key stakeholders within Van Oord in order to achieve competitive advantage, cost savings, risk reduction and value creation. The main categories to focus on in this position are wear & tear parts, such as dredge pipes & pumps, and steel constructions.
- Collect, analyse and verify (complex) information about the category sourcing data, market information, supplier profiles and technologies.
- Propose sourcing and value chain improvements in cooperation with internal stakeholders.
- Implement the proposed sourcing and improvement strategy.
- Negotiate and evaluate contracts, supported by legal, to secure terms that are in the best interest of the company.
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with key (global) suppliers and ensure an excellent servicelevel.
- Ensure a competitive advantage by identifying and developing supplier innovations and product improvements.
- Work closely together with Capex procurement to lower the Total Cost of Ownership.
- BSc or MSc degree in preferably Engineering or Business Administration,
- Minimum of 5 year relevant procurement and/or technical experience at a management level in an international environment,
- Thorough understanding of steel and its properties, foundries, abrasion, and steel construction,
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills,
- Results driven, hands-on and a can do mentality,
- Experience in coaching, motivating and managing team members/peers,
- Ability to adapt to the diversity of internal clients and suppliers,
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written,
- Willingness to travel if required.
A varied working environment where you have the opportunity to contribute Van Oord in various prestigious projects.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.