Our Procurement department in Rotterdam is looking for a Category Manager Temporary Personnel. You will develop, align and implement a sourcing strategy in close cooperation with key stakeholders within Van Oord in order to achieve competitive advantages, cost savings, risk reduction and distinctive value. Your main focus will be on hiring of temporary (project) personnel, maritime manning agencies and various (technical) professional personnel. You will also support the project FlexOord which should result in implement a hiring desk for the whole organisation to realise the optimisation of framework agreements.
You collect, analyse and verify (complex) sourcing information about the categories, and assess market information, supplier profiles and new relevant opportunities. In close cooperation with various stakeholders/business units you will evaluate existing sourcing methods and develop new distinctive sourcing strategies. Furthermore, you:
- implement the proposed sourcing strategies and realize quick win improvement initiatives;
- negotiate and evaluate contracts, supported by legal, to secure terms that are in the best interest of Van Oord and are outstanding in the market;
- develop, maintain and enhance relationships in close cooperation with the contract manager with key (global) suppliers and ensure an excellent service level;
- ensure a competitive advantage by identifying and developing supplier innovations and product improvements.
You are a procurement professional who has demonstrated experience in developing and executing complex sourcing strategies. You have strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills and you always seek for opportunities and find creative solutions by thinking out of the box. If required, you are willingness to travel. In addition, you have:
- a MSc degree in HRM or Business Administration;
- relevant work experience in the hiring of temporary labour and experience in coaching, motivating and managing team members/peers;
- excellent knowledge of the maritime sector in an international environment;
- ability to adapt to the diversity of internal clients and suppliers;
- good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
A challenging position with a lot of responsibility (by using the Lean methodology) and freedom to be creative to book you results together with the business. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional team but also an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. Furthermore, we offer you:
- a salary that fits your responsibilities and experiences;
- flexible working hours;
- more than average number of holidays and an excellent pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online on the position of Category Manager Temporary Personnel by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies.
Sabine van den Elshout
+31 (0)88 826 8174