Do you want to be part of designing and executing the Digital Agenda of Van Oord? Are you the experienced Change Engineer IT we are looking for? A team player who is focused on adding value for our customers by constantly seeking to improve and innovate our IT Services. Read on to see what we can offer you.
For the IT Change & Project team, part of the Rotterdam based IT organization, we are looking for a full-time Change Engineer IT to strengthen the team.
The IT Change & Project team is a multiskilled international operating team responsible for the development and delivery of innovative high-quality IT services with a focus on continuity and security.
As Change Engineer IT you are responsible for designing, building, testing and delivering novative and automated/zero touch IT solutions. Next to that you will be working in projects and you will be involved in problem analyses and resolving.
In this responsible and challenging role you will be delivering IT solutions that support the Van Oord organization to meet its goals. Our key drivers are: customer focus, proactivity, innovation, flexibility, zero touch, automation and first time right delivery.
- Autonomous preparation and delivery of IT solutions
- Being part of multidiscipline IT projects
- Design, prepare and execute changes initiated by our customers
- Proactively initiate and develop innovative solutions and process improvements
- Initiate and being part of continuous improvement initiatives
- Problem analyses and incident resolving on endpoints, servers, networks and cloud environments
- Document technical solutions and ensure delivery and handover to our Operations team
- Broad technical knowledge of and experience with Windows Server 2016/2012
- HBO work- and thinking level with a minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in a similar role preferably in a medium/large technical organization
- Proven knowledge and experience working with O365, Azure, AD and SharePoint
- Highly skilled in Powershell
- Experienced and certified in VMware Vsphere 6.0 and Hyper-V 2016
- Microsoft certifications in fore mentioned systems and platforms
- Cisco/Meraki certification and experienced working with switches/routers/firewalls
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of and experience working with frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Lean-IT
- Team player
- Strong ownership and control over own work planning, work assessment and prioritizing of work
- Analytic, service oriented, proactive, flexible, energetic and stress resistant
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English languages (written and spoken)
- Good communication skills and capable of building bridges between the other IT-disciplines and our customers;
- Good sense of humor
- Being prepared for travel You will be primarily working from the Van Oord Rotterdam headquarters. Whenever necessary you could be asked to travel to our vessels or worldwide offices to work at that location
- A challenging role within a vibrant and international operating organization
- A dynamic professional IT environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals
- A responsible role with a lot of room for improvement ideas and innovation
- Room for personal development and growth in many areas of the IT work field
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.