As a Coastal Engineer you are involved from the design to the implementation phases in our hydraulic engineering projects such as ports, coastal and shore protection works and land reclamations. You will join a team of about 40 coastal, geotechnical, environmental and data engineers who all work together to produce innovative and competitive solutions to our client’s demands.
- Assessment of tender designs by the client;
- Initiating cost-effective alternatives;
- Preparing concept and detailed (alternative)designs, including design reports;
- Managing external specialists.
- You have a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, and affinity with hydraulic engineering;
- You have 1-5 years of work experience in a similar position;
- You are flexible and able to switch quickly between different projects;
- You are result-oriented, creative and an analytically strong colleague;
- You possess excellent communication and social skills;
- You are willing to work abroad;
- You have an affinity with numerical modelling of waves and morphology;
- You possess a sound knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.