Are you looking for a position in which you can apply your creative and innovative ideas on coastal projects? At the Engineering department, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Coastal Engineer who will work on tenders and projects for the benefit of the Dutch market.
As a Coastal Engineer you are involved in large and small hydraulic engineering projects from the design to execution phases. You create, in a team of engineers, planners and estimators, designs for dikes, harbours, coastal works and land reclamations. You will expand your knowledge of coastal structures with the current tender and design standards in the Netherlands (eg. striving for the maximum scores according to EMVI criteria in tenders and the application of design methods in projects according to the new WBI).
The main tasks consist of:
- Assessment of tender designs and the development of cost-efficient alternatives,
- Contributing to the creation of the most competitive offer and the most efficient execution method,
- Preparation of concept and detailed designs,
- Managing external specialists.
- You have an M.Sc. degree in Civil/Coastal Engineering,
- You have affinity with hydraulic engineering,
- You have, preferably, some knowledge of waves and wave modelling software (eg SWAN, SWASH, MIKE21),
- You are a good communicator with report writing skills (Dutch fluency is an absolute must).
We offer you a dynamic and challenging work environment in which you can apply your creative input and further develop your personal competences.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!