Are you looking for a position in which you can apply your creative and innovative ideas on coastal projects? We are looking for a Junior Coastal Engineer who will work on tenders and projects for the benefit of the Dutch market. Therefore Dutch speaking candidates are welcome to apply!
Working at our Engineering department, based in Rotterdam, you are involved in large and small hydraulic engineering projects from the design to execution phases. You create designs for dikes, harbours, coastal works and land reclamations in a team of engineers, planners and estimators. You will expand your knowledge of coastal structures with the current tender and design standards in the Netherlands (eg. striving for the maximum scores according to EMVI criteria in tenders and the application of design methods in projects according to the new OI: Ontwerp Instrumentarium).
- Assessment of tender designs and the development of cost-efficient alternatives;
- Contributing to the creation of the most competitive offer and the most efficient execution method, for this you cooperate closely with your tender or project team;
- Preparation of concept and detailed designs;
- Managing external specialists.
- Msc. degree in Civil/Coastal Engineering;
- Affinity with hydraulic engineering;
- Preferably, some knowledge of waves and wave modelling software (eg SWAN, SWASH, MIKE21) and deriving hydraulic boundary conditions (RISKEER, Hydra-NL);
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch language, both orally and in writing.
We offer you a dynamic and challenging work environment in which you can apply your creative input and further develop your personal competences.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.