You will perform installation analyses for offshore and nearshore oil & gas pipelines and outfalls. Next to that you will design subsea rock structures such as erosion protection for offshore windfarms and protection of subsea pipelines and cables. Whether it is covering a shore-pulled steel pipe in Nigeria or installation of a high density polyethylene outfall pipeline in the UK, you will be the specialist within the tender or project team. Together with the tender and project teams you will search for the optimal installation methods.
You will work in close cooperation with tender management, cost estimating, operations and other engineering disciplines. You will be working in a relatively young and divers team of 20 engineers at our offshore division office in Gorinchem, the Netherlands.
If you would like to get an impression of one of the type of projects you will work on, click on this link: https://vimeo.com/179322812
You will handle all design and installation aspects of international projects from FEED to tender phase, up to and including execution. Next to that you will be responsible for:
· development of safe and efficient installation methods
· development of innovative solutions;
· developing and updating in-house engineering software tools;
· manage assignments set out with specialized consultancy firms;
· follow-up project at the site location during preparation and execution phase.
As a true team player you like to be engaged with all challenges your team faces. You like being in a culture where sharing ideas and helping out your colleagues is driving improvement. You are a flexible and social person who also has strong analytical skills. Interacting with all sort of different people within the company and changing your communication style accordingly gives you lots of energy. We appreciate it when you have affinity with specialized software like Mathcad and Orcaflex. In addition, you bring the following to the table:
· a Master degree in offshore or coastal engineering or equivalent
· affinity with marine construction;
· excellent command of the English language;
· willingness to work abroad, if required, for several months per year;
· If you are at starter or junior level you are currently located in the EU.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Bas van der Muren
+31 (0)88 826 8194