At Van Oord, we are very proud of the things we do, from laying thousands of kilometres of pipeline to building complete wind farms at sea. Check out our Vimeo channel to get an impression. We want to show the outside world the enthusiasm with which these projects are carried out and demonstrate the contribution we make to the world. As part of a team of nine colleagues, you will contribute to the image of Van Oord, thanks to your ability to combine strategic communication approaches with the implementation of the plans. You have a good antenna when it comes to new communication opportunities, for example to highlight our innovations and collaborative projects. Brimming with energy, you communicate this story to anyone who wants to hear it. With your knowledge and ingenuity, you devise ways to put the Van Oord brand and our reputation on the map even more firmly than before. This is a great job that will involve working at our offices in Rotterdam and Gorinchem.
As a communication adviser, you will be helping to build the Van Oord brand. This is a family firm that has been in existence for 150 years but has its eyes firmly focused on the future. We not only carry out fantastic maritime projects worldwide, we also have a strong focus on sustainability, innovation and the environment. With your strategic insight, you take communication to a professional level.
- you will advise and support the commercial business units;
- you will devise (strategic) communication plans for projects and also implement them;
- you will present and represent Van Oord at various external consultations and events;
- you will write press releases and texts for our newsletters, website and other digital channels;
- you will work on joint objectives and internal / external communications (together with the team).
You are an experienced and energetic adviser who knows how communication works from A-Z. You combine that experience with a stress-resistant and flexible attitude, because the work here can get hectic. At those times, it's all hands on deck, but that doesn't put you off. You also have:
- a higher vocational or university degree in the area of communication and affinity with the maritime/offshore, construction and/or energy worlds
- at least 10 years experience in the field;
- excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
This is an all-round role with a unique company. You will come into contact with various aspects of communication, but the emphasis will be on the external communication of projects, presenting and representing Van Oord at various events and partner consultations. An additional bonus is that we'll give you a lot of independence. We also offer:
- an open and informal team in which new initiatives are valued;
- plenty of scope to develop professionally and personally;
- an above-average number of leave days and an excellent pension scheme;
- a salary to match your experience and responsibilities.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
Sabine van den Elshout
+31 (0)88 826 8174