We are looking for a Compensation & Benefits Officer who is resourceful in finding solutions to new challenges and changes and with a pro-active attitude looks to new developments and alternatives.
You will have the ability, on request or on your own initiative, to translate the policy and the strategy of the business into policy proposals within the relevant priority area, taking into account their practical applicability.
As Compensation & Benefits Officer you advise the Manager Compensation & Operations on subjects such as insurance policies, immigration and social security. You support the implementation of the compensation and benefits policies and you are responsible for communicate the policies throughout the organisation. Furthermore, you:
- advise the personnel advisors & recruitment team about insurances, immigration, social security and secondary benefits prior to recruitment as well as during the employment process (based on the different payrolls);
- instruct and advise the Expat Desk properly about the individual expatriate arrangements for several Van Oord payrolls;
- implement and ensure maintenance of applicable Acts such as WagwEU and 30% ruling
- organise and/or control all correspondence and formal documents related to immigration, social security and 30% ruling et cetera;
- keep all employment contracts (including other Van Oord entities) in line with local law and corporate standards;
- keep all Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) Seafarers Employment Agreements of different Van Oord entities in line with MLC and local law;
- keep relevant information sheets up to date based on the law.
As a person you are pragmatic and have a hands-on mentality. Besides, you work accurate and are able to work independently. Furthermore, you:
- hold a relevant degree in higher education (HBO);
- have a broad background in international compensation & benefits (operational as well as in policies);
- are the specialist with regards to immigration matters;
- have a good command of both Dutch & English, spoken and written;
- have good communication skills.
A challenging role in a dynamic international working environment. Working for Van Oord means, within your expertise, contributing to challenging, dynamic and international projects. You will be given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to put your ideas into practice.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- excellent secondary employment conditions;
- plenty of room to develop your professionally and personally, so that you can continue to grow in your role;
- a salary that suits your responsibilities.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.
Sabine van den Elshout