In the role of Construction Manager Cable Installation, you will have final operational responsibility for the preparation and execution of Infield and Export cable installations. You will be working at our offshore wind office in Gorinchem (Netherlands) in the preparatory phase and at the site office during execution.
- Responsible for the safety of the onshore and offshore cable installation activities
- Take care of the detailed preparation of cable installation projects
- Responsible for the working methods and the associated project specific equipment in collaboration with Operations and the Ship Management
- Coordinate the mobilisation and execution of the work
- Direct the Offshore Construction Managers on the installation vessels
- Perform a coordinating role with the cable installation vessels, cable pull-in and testing & termination teams during execution
- Together with the QA/QC department, is responsible for the operational process for the acceptance of the cables by the client/client reps
- Have a coordinating role with regard to the operational interfaces on the project
- Are responsible for the Marine Warranty Survey scope
- Provide operational management for subcontractors
- Report to the project manager on progress, contractual and other deviations and lessons learned
- Have joint budgetary responsibility for the cable installation activities
- An independent, practical and creative person with technical insight who can solve problems and dares to take decisions
- Motivational team leader and connector in the installation team
- Strong communication and social skills
- Ideally 10 years of operational experience, mainly on complex projects, including several years installing cables offshore
- Working as part of a 24/7 operation
- Higher vocational intellectual and professional level
- A good command of English
- Willingness to work in the Netherlands (Gorinchem office) during preparation phase and on project location (abroad) in execution
A job at Van Oord means working on challenging, dynamic and prestigious projects. Take responsibility and see your ideas become reality. Van Oord offers an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Construction Manager Cable Installation by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
+31 (0)88 826 8202