As the Coordinator Sustainability for the Area Netherlands department, based in Rotterdam, you help achieve Van Oord’s sustainability ambition. You are driven to realise the best sustainable results to meet the customers’ needs and the ambition of Van Oord Netherlands. You have the freedom to pioneer and develop this subject and the ambition within our tenders and projects.
You stimulate the team to make the right sustainable choices within tenders and projects focused on the deployment and the use of sustainable materials. You create insights by applying analysis to create the most sustainable choices. Furthermore, you are responsible for:
- Securing sustainable commitment within our project as determined in our tenders;
- Understand the customers’ needs and wishes regarding sustainability aspects and help determine the most suitable strategy for our tenders;
- Initiate and implement sustainable improvements;
- Good communication with EMVI-, tender- and project management;
- Determine CO2- and MKI-values via Dubocalc.
You are motivated to help Van Oord adopt more sustainable business in a structured way. With your excellent communication skills and enthusiastic mindset you stimulate renewal and innovation within the organisation. In addition, you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or similar;
- Relevant work-experience within civil engineering and or infrastructure;
- Preferably affinity with our core business, wet and dry earthmoving with large equipment;
- Preferably experience with Dubocalc calculation program;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good command of the Dutch language.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8268857