Are you looking for a position where you will be closely involved in securing our prominent dredging and hydraulic engineering projects? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has to offer. We are looking for a Cost Estimator for our Engineering & Estimating department, located in Rotterdam (The Netherlands).
As a Cost Estimator you, together with the tender team, will be responsible for the budgeting and making offers for multi-disciplinary and complex dredging, rock and hydraulic engineering projects.
- Drawing up cost estimates for the various tenders
- Collecting relevant information from the manufacturing, the engineering and the procurement departments and during visits to the project locations
- Elaboration of these data into budgets with the associated schedules and work descriptions
- Drawing up work estimates and providing support during the progress phase of the project
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Civil Engineering with additional the VOUB exam
- Several years’ experience as a Cost Estimator or similar
- Experience in drawing up cost estimates for hydraulic engineering and/or civil engineering projects
- A good command of the English language
- A team player with a commercial and strong analytical and numerical mental ability
- Willingness to work abroad
A varied and challenging position in which you play a crucial role in the tender and realization phase of complex hydraulic engineering projects. You do this within an international working environment where you, together with colleagues, build on Van Oord as a multidisciplinary contractor within the sectors Bagger, Offshore and Offshore Wind.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.