Are you looking for a position where you will be closely involved in securing our prominent Offshore Wind projects? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has to offer. We are looking for a Cost Estimator for our Engineering & Estimating department at Van Oord Offshore Wind, located in Gorinchem (The Netherlands).
As a Cost Estimator you, together with the tender team, will be responsible for the budgeting and making offers for multi-disciplinary and complex Offshore Wind projects. You will meet regularly with colleagues, the commercially responsible people and the clients, during which you will discuss the cost estimates and the identified opportunities and risks of the projects.
- Collecting relevant information from the manufacturing, the engineering and the procurement departments and during visits to the project locations
- Drawing up cost estimates for the various tenders
- Drawing up work estimates and providing support during the progress phase of the project
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering
- Several years’ experience as a Cost Estimator, preferably in the offshore (wind) industry
- Experience with the execution of offshore or civil engineering projects
- Experience in drawing up cost estimates is an advantage
- A good command of the English language
- A team player with a strong analytical and numerical mental ability
- Commercially minded but also has an understanding of technical issues
Van Oord offers a challenging working environment with attractive opportunities for further development. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.