For Wicks BV, we are looking for a Crane Driver (38 hours). Wicks is an international soil improvement contractor offering installation and total package solutions of all sizes and complexities for soil improvement.
With your technical skills as a crane driver you have the largest, strongest and heaviest machine in earth, road and hydraulic engineering under control. You know better than anyone how important it is to work with concentration and precision. You can carry out minor repairs on your own and with your proactive attitude you ensure that the job is done in time. By working well together and consulting with your direct colleagues and manager, you ensure that the work can be carried out safely.
Your location is Bolsward (The Netherlands) for this position, but you can be deployed anywhere in the Netherlands and abroad, so it is important that you have a flexible attitude.
You are responsible for the execution and coordination of specific activities in the field of vertical drainage and horizontal drainage. You are also responsible for:
- Preparing the work based on the instructions obtained;
- Consult with your manager and / or client about assignment details, any specials, etc.;
- Operating the crane, processing the materials and checking the progress (qualitative / quantitative) of your own work;
- Signaling major imperfections in the detailed work to the supervisor and / or client;
- Performing prescribed and preventive maintenance, cleaning the machines and equipment, assembling (non-complex) parts and carrying out minor repairs;
- Keeping records and reporting in writing to your supervisor.
You have a flexible and proactive attitude; you can work well together, and you have the right spirit. In addition, you bring:
- A TCVT certificate (operator of foundation equipment), or you are prepared to obtain this;
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position;
- Experience in carrying out minor repairs;
- Willing to work irregular hours and travel internationally; most of the work will take place in the Netherlands and Germany;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, German is a plus.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Allowance for going abroad (based on location and situation of the project);
- A pension scheme;
- Overnight allowance;
- Food allowance and accommodation;
- Overtime allowance;
- An adequate travel allowance, if relevant;
- Collective health insurance (optional).
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.