The Crewing department is responsible for the staffing on our vessels, consisting of trailing suction hopper dredgers, cutter suction dredgers, offshore installation vessels and fall pipe vessels, among others.
Are you looking for a responsible and challenging post in a dynamic international working environment in which you will be responsible for the most efficient staff planning for our ships? If so, read on to see what Van Oord has to offer you. For our Ship Management Department, subsection Crewing, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Crew Planner (full time).
The Crewing department is responsible for the staffing on our vessels, consisting of trailing suction hopper dredgers, cutter suction dredgers, offshore installation vessels and fall pipe vessels, among others. In the role of Crew Planner, as part of the team, you will be responsible for the quantitative and qualitative staff planning for various types of equipment.
- Planning the deployment of crew members on board the equipment
- Maintaining daily contacts with our (international) fleet crew
- Providing an adequate temporary or permanent solution in the event of changes, for example as a result of illness or transfer to other equipment
- Arranging transport (flights, transfers) and, if necessary, accommodation for the crew changes
- Monitoring and scheduling all obligatory training, certificates and required documents for the crew
- Assisting with promotional and training pathways for the fleet crew
- Being on-call during which you will function as a 24/7 telephone point of contact
- Visiting our vessels in the Netherlands and abroad (couple of times per year)
- Higher vocational intellectual and professional level
- Preferably between one and four years’ experience with staff planning in a similar environment
- Comfortable using MS Office and possibly also (staff) planning software
- Good administrative skills
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- A team player who is able to negotiate, organise and handle different, sometimes conflicting interests
- A person who is hands-on, meticulous and able to perform well in a dynamic and sometimes hectic environment
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Willing to be on-call
We offer you a varied and international work environment with possibilities to develop further. A function in which work in the office and on a project alternate where you will have plenty of room to develop yourself. Of course we offer you the opportunity to contribute to our prestigious projects in collaboration with others. For the right candidate we offer an excellent conditional package based on your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.