As a Data (Analytics) Engineer / Software Developer you are part of the specialized data team which is responsible for driving data innovations within Van Oord you are in close collaboration with the business units Dredging, Offshore Wind and Oil & Gas. For this specialist position candidates both in- and outside of the EU are welcome to apply!
The main goal of the team is to solve operational, tactical and strategic problems by the use of data, Recently the team has developed applications for:
- Geotechnical, coastal and environmental data of our projects;
- Sensory and logistics data of our fleet;
- BI data and strategic market analysis.
What kind of data solutions can you come up with to contribute to the data-driven way of thinking within Van Oord?
You will handle data complexities ranging from technical and sensory data to business processes. Daily you will develop custom in-house cloud applications that facilitate self-service data collection, analytics, reporting and prediction, mostly using open-source software components. Our software stack:
You mainly from our offices in Rotterdam and Gorinchem, but regularly visit international projects and offshore vessels to ensure that our solutions are fit-for-purpose and sustainably adopted. You work closely together with the projects and other staff departments in Van Oord such as IT, Survey and Ship Management. The emerging digitisation and data-awareness within Van Oord expects some data training and coaching from our team.
- Enthusiastic colleague enjoying back-end, front-end & analytics coding in a dynamic project setting,
- An all-round innovative problem solver, from small lean improvements to large-scale R&D projects,
- A pro-active attitude and communication style to foster innovation in a traditional sector,
- The attitude to share knowledge and work with people from different backgrounds,
- Enthusiasm to train and coach colleagues, trainees and students with new techniques,
- Academic level with an engineering or technical background,
- Willingness to travel abroad,
- Excellent command of the English language, both orally and in writing.
We offer a stimulating working environment in which you contribute to innovative and challenging international projects. To drive innovation, our team has an autonomous position. Depending on your preferences you can specialise within the team.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/van-oord/jobs/
This vacancy is open to recruitment-agencies. Please contact me for discussing terms and agreements before introducing possible candidates.