Our specialised data team is responsible for driving data innovations within the business units Dredging, Offshore Wind and Oil & Gas of Van Oord. We handle data complexities ranging from technical and sensory data to business processes. We develop custom in-house cloud applications that facilitate self-service data collection, analytics, reporting and prediction using mostly open-source software components. The emerging digitisation and data-awareness within Van Oord expects some data training and coaching from our team.
We work mainly from our offices in Rotterdam and Gorinchem, but regularly visit international projects and offshore vessels to ensure that our solutions are fit-for-purpose and sustainably adopted. We are organisationally based in the technical Engineering & Estimating department, but work closely together with projects and other staff departments in Van Oord such as IT, Survey and Ship Management. Examples of recent developments are geotechnical, coastal and environmental data of our projects; sensory and logistics data of our fleet; BI data and strategic market analysis.
Our software stack
- Enthusiastic colleague enjoying back-end, front-end & analytics coding in a dynamic project setting.
- An all-round innovative problem solver, from small lean improvements to large-scale R&D projects.
- A pro-active attitude and communication style to foster innovation in a traditional sector.
- The attitude to share knowledge and work with people from different backgrounds.
- Enthusiasm to train and coach colleagues, trainees and students with new techniques.
- Academic level with an engineering or technical background.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Good command of the English language.
We offer a stimulating working environment in which you contribute to innovative and challenging international projects. To drive innovation, our team has an autonomous position. Depending on your preferences you can specialise within the team.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply directly online by clicking on the 'apply' button below. Feel free to contact me for more information or regarding other opportunities within Van Oord.
Come on board and follow us on LinkedIn!
We will not be using external agencies to fill this vacancy.