Your primary internal customers will be the Production Engineers within the Engineering & Estimation department who are responsible for production volume in the field. In order to be able to actively make adjustments during dredging, the Production Engineers use dashboards that you will build. To that end, you will use data related to the drive characteristics of all the mechanical systems on board, such as pumps, winches, motors, hydraulic systems, etc. and data with feedback on the production process itself, for example from density and speed sensors. While supporting operations in the field from our head office, as a data scientist you will simultaneously be constantly looking for relationships in data, which means we will be looking to you when it comes to modifications and optimisation of existing equipment.
• A completed MSc in Mechanical Engineering;
• At least 2 years experience with data enrichment and analysis;
• Analytical skills, creativity and the ability to understand the needs of your internal customer;
• Comfortable using Autocad, Python, Matlab and MS Office;
• Good command of written and spoken English;
• You are able to put yourself in the shoes of your internal customers at the head office and on the ships and adjust your communication accordingly;
• Willingness to visit projects abroad on an incidental basis.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?