Are you looking for a position in which your creative and innovative ideas and designs will contribute to challenging offshore (wind) projects? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has to offer. Our Engineering & Estimating department in Gorinchem is looking for a Design Manager.
As a Design Manager you will be responsible for the development and design of innovative offshore (wind) foundations. You will be involved from the design phase to the implementation phase in our EPC projects.
You will manage the design process from concept to final design. You will coordinate the activities of the design team and manage sub-contracted design work. The process is to result in a competitive design that adds value for our Clients, is delivered in time and meets all requirements.
Coordinating design decisions closely with your colleagues in commercial, procurement and operational positions is an essential element of your task in order to reach the best project result.
You will be required to take a central and professional position in the design process towards clients, certifying bodies and sub-contractors.
- A Master’s attained in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialty in offshore engineering
- At least 5 years of work experience in structural design of dynamic structures, preferably in the field of offshore wind
- A result-minded, creative and analytically strong colleague
- A proactive approach and enthusiasm for co-ordinating and motivating people
- Excellent communication skills, both at the personal level and more formal reporting level
- Someone who enjoys challenging project dynamics
- Willingness to travel and work abroad
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
A varied and challenging working environment with interesting opportunities to develop yourself further. Van Oord has an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.