Are you enthusiastic about challenging civil engineering and marine contracting projects that change the map, and are you looking for a varied and challenging job in a dynamic international work environment? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. Our Engineering and Estimating Department Department is looking for a
Dredging Production Engineer
As a Dredging Production Engineer, you will be responsible for devising and developing technologically complex dredging projects. You will advise clients, the project team, and the tender team about such issues as work methods, production details, and the deployment of equipment.
- Preparing and developing tenders
- Developing cost-benefit analyses
- Ensuring information is transferred to the project team and crews during the transition from the tender phase to the execution phase
- Optimising the production process during the execution phase
- Advising on modifications to existing vessels and equipment
- Becoming involved in the technical in-house production training courses offered to crew and executive staff at our simulator training centre
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in Maritime Engineering
- Demonstrable experience in the field of maritime engineering, preferably in dredging
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, and an ability to keep ‘the big picture’ in mind and think ahead
- Good command of the English language
- The desire and interest in further developing yourself into an all-round sparring partner for other professionals, such as the project manager, principal, captain, and tender manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Preparedness to visit projects on-site outside the Netherlands
A dynamic, challenging job where you will play a crucial role in optimising the manufacturing process. You will accomplish this in a varied international work environment where you and your colleagues will enhance Van Oord’s status as a multidisciplinary contractor in the Dredging, Offshore, and Offshore Wind industries.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.