Our Engineering Department, located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is looking for a Dredging R&D Engineer
As a Dredging R&D Engineer you are responsible for carrying out technical consultancy for innovative R&D projects that support product development, the execution of dredging projects and research. Within these projects, you will closely work with other internal departments and knowledge institutes to ensure the proper application of fundamental principles and to support the implementation of new technologies. Hence, the R&D engineer plays an important role in steering knowledge development and implementation relevant for Van Oord both outside and inside the company
- Research on dredging processes (desk studies, lab experiments, workvisits)
- Innovation of dredging methods and techniques
- Contribute to the new build and modification of dredging equipment
- Setting up and performing (physical) tests and (software) simulations for research purposes
- Sharing of knowledge and results (reports, presentations, meetings, project visits, conferences)
- Software development (numerical models, algebraic models)
- Providing structure to unstructured scopes of work within challenging dredging projects
- Production support at (international) projects
- Mentoring of students, trainees and colleagues
- MSc in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, both with a specialism in dredging engineering
- Strong knowledge of hydrodynamics, soil mechanics and measurement techniques
- Knowledge of designing and constructing dredging equipment
- Knowledge of structural calculation methods
- Clear and accurate reporting, and good command of the English language
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Innovative, multidisciplinary, realistic and out of the box thinking
- Strong communication skills and customer orientated
- Keep on going that extra mile to get the problem solved
A dynamic, challenging job where you will play a crucial role in optimising the manufacturing process. You will accomplish this in a varied international work environment where you and your colleagues will enhance Van Oord’s status as a multidisciplinary contractor in the Dredging, Offshore, and Offshore Wind industries.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.