As an Ecologist in the Environmental Engineering team, you are a part of a versatile, dynamic and ambitious team that stands for corporate social responsibility. Together with the team, you make a difference every single day. You have a strong marine focus and are involved in wind, dredging and offshore projects all over the world from tender phase to project execution. The ideal candidate can be assigned on projects for the Dutch market as well as international projects, therefore we would like you to be prepared to travel abroad.
You develop and implement environmental & ecological management strategies and plans related to project setup/design and work method during tender and execution phase. You discuss project execution plans, risks and opportunities with stakeholders within the tender/project environment. All the while developing and translating innovative and sustainable applications towards specific projects (eg. Building with Nature design, ecodesign). Next to that you will:
- scope and execute executing nearshore and offshore marine ecological monitoring programs;
- (co-)author and review complex technical documents and articles for terrestrial, coastal and offshore ecosystems;
- initiate and participate in the set-up of research proposals and experiments;
- participate in technical discussions with clients and external stakeholders;
- develop ecological measures to reduce the projects' CO2 footprint;
- manage risks related to project documentation and permit requests and compliance with permits; ecology, underwater sound, soil pollution, etc.
To contribute to Van Oord’s sustainable way of working we expect you to be a social, well-organized team player that can also work independently. With strong communication-, networking- and presentation skills you are able to manage relationships with clients, subcontractors and research organizations. You bring a creative and result-oriented attitude and furthermore you have:
- a MSc or PhD degree in ecology or environmental sciences with a strong focus on marine or freshwater systems;
- a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in designing and participating in (large) research and monitoring programs;
- excellent command of the English language, both orally and in writing;
- affiliation with marine dredging and/or offshore wind construction projects in relation to ecological / environmental issues.
- ability to write and review complex technical documents, perform high level statistical analyses, manage large GIS and remote sensing data bases and lead field crews in complex logistical settings.
Working in an international, challenging and dynamic organization, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for this position by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.