Do you want to contribute to the design and construction of Offshore Wind Projects? Are you interested in the technical requirements of the Medium and High Voltage scope of an offshore Wind Park and do you want to become our expert in the engineering scope for major electrical components? For the Offshore Wind Projects at our office in Gorinchem, the Netherlands, we are looking for an Electrical Engineer.
As an Electrical Engineer you are responsible for electrical design engineering activities. You will work on grid connection and inter array cables for our offshore wind farm projects and inter connector projects. You also are involved in various engineering activities required for bids.
- Route Engineering of Subsea Cabling configuration including load-flow calculations, current rating and short circuit calculations
- Defining technical specifications for supply of MV/HV cables and components
- Carry out Technical assessment of proposals for MV/HV cables and components submitted by suppliers
- Monitor the performance of designers and suppliers
- Identify and manage interfaces related to the electrical scope across the work packages within an offshore wind project
- Help to manage design sub-contracts and initiate and perform technical reviews of design engineering deliverables
- Participating in design and technical coordination meetings with designers and suppliers
- A bachelor or master degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years relevant experience in electrical design activities and engineering (not necessarily wind farms)
- Experience with managing Design and Supply, Engineering subcontractors, interface management, systems engineering
- Experience with basic engineering software such as Mathcad, word-processing and spreadsheet software. Some experience with simulation software as e.g. VISION, ETAP or Power Factory is a pre
- You are an easy communicator and master the English language
- Willingness to travel
* Please apply in English *
We offer a varied and challenging working environment with interesting opportunities to develop yourself further.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.