Are you driven and willing to take the initiative, are you familiar with survey equipment and are you looking for a varied and challenging position in a dynamic international working environment? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. For our Survey workshop in Moerdijk, the Netherlands, we are looking for an Electronics Engineer.
The survey workshop (15 FTE) is responsible for installing, maintaining and managing hydrographical survey equipment (computers, navigation systems, underwater measuring equipment). In the position of Electronics Engineer, you are mainly involved in preparing, testing, installing and maintaining electronic survey equipment.
- testing and maintaining all equipment prior to a mobilization
- installing and calibrating equipment on location at home and abroad
- identifying mistakes and ensuring repairs
- instructing international survey staff in the use of the equipment
- performing preventative maintenance
- documenting equipment and installations
- testing and connecting sensors to existing systems (e.g. vessel or ROV)
- a secondary or higher electronics degree
- at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a maritime or survey environment
- strong affinity with IT
- knowledge of survey equipment is an advantage
- good command of English (written and spoken)
- strong communicative skills, including being able to listen
- focus on service and a flexible attitude to working hours and working abroad
- a team player with a strong ability to act independently
- willingness to remain abroad for shorter and occasionally longer periods
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- allowance for going abroad (based on location and situation of the project);
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional).
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.