Are you looking for a position in which your creative and innovative ideas and designs will contribute to challenging offshore (wind) projects? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has to offer. Our Engineering & Estimating department in Gorinchem is looking for Engineering Managers.
As Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing the technical processes in the tender and execution phase of our EPC offshore wind projects.
You will manage the design and engineering team in the design, work preparation and execution phase, and you will be responsible for managing outsourced engineering work, and all design and engineering interfaces within the project.
As part of your scope will you will be responsible for managing processes such as interface and risk management and systems engineering.
Coordinating design decisions and technical solutions in close cooperation with your colleagues in commercial, procurement and operational positions is an essential element of your task in order to reach the best project result.
You will be required to take a central and professional position in the design process towards clients, certifying bodies and sub-contractors.
- A Master’s attained in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialty in offshore engineering
- At least 5 years of work experience in a comparable position
- A result-minded, creative and analytically strong colleague
- A proactive approach and enthusiasm for co-ordinating and motivating people
- Excellent communication skills, both at the personal level and more formal reporting level
- Someone who enjoys challenging project dynamics
- Willingness to travel and work abroad
- Excellent command of the English language in speaking as well as in writing
A varied and challenging working environment with interesting opportunities to develop yourself further. Van Oord has an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply directly online via the button below. Do not want to apply directly? Please contact me for more information or other possibilities.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Bas van der Muren
+31 (0)88 826 2499