As Exchange & Collaboration engineer your main focus is the health of our Exchange mail environment (Vessels) and our Collaboration environment (Outlook, Teams/Skype and Office365). This involves carrying out of changes, incident and problem resolution, performing sanity checks and testing. You will be involved in improvement projects, research and innovations and will be part of the roadmap and lifecycle process for the Product Team to enhance performance of systems. In this responsible and challenging role, you will be delivering and maintaining IT products and services that support the Van Oord organization to meet its goals.
Our key drivers are: customer focus, proactivity, innovation, flexibility, zero touch, automation and first-time right delivery.
- ensuring optimum performance, availability, reliability and health of our Exchange mail environment on our Vessels;
- maintaining and supporting our Collaboration environment (Outlook, Teams/Skype and Office365);
- analysing, defining, testing, carrying out of changes and problem solving;
- strengthening the Product Team Collaboration & Workplace in operational server management tasks, deployment and other related activities;
- research, defining, testing as defined by the Product Team Collaboration & Workplace as part of the roadmap and lifecycle processes;
- documenting technical solutions and standard operation procedures (SOP’s);
- investigating new technology areas, innovations and propose new products;
- participating in challenging and multidiscipline infrastructure projects.
Bachelor (HBO) background and experience with a minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in a similar role, preferably in a medium/large international organization. Skills and competences we are looking for are:
- specialised in delivering, maintaining and improving Exchange and Outlook mail environments;
- extensive technical knowledge of and experience with Teams/Skype and Office365 environments;
- extensive technical knowledge of AD/Azure AD;
- extensive technical knowledge of and experience with Windows Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10;
- highly skilled in Powershell scripting;
- recent certification in the above technical areas is an advantage;
- strong security mindset and experience in deploying and improving security measures to environments and endpoints;
- lean certification or willing to become certified;
- analytic, service oriented, proactive, flexible, energetic and stress resistant;
- excellent command of both Dutch and English languages (written and spoken);
- a team player who takes ownership, with good communication skills and capable of building bridges between the other IT-disciplines and our customers;
- good sense of humour.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Bas van der Muren
+31 (0)88 826 8194