The position is based in Small Dole (West Sussex, UK), and it is anticipated that there will be occasional site visits to projects in the group’s Head Office in The Netherlands.
The successful candidate will be appointed as Company Secretary of Van Oord UK Ltd.
As finance manager you:
• report to the Managing Director based in the Van Oord UK office and to the Area Controller based in the Van Oord Head office;
• make budgets and forecasts, including cashflow management and forecasting;
• prepare and submit quarterly commercial accounts packs including variance analysis;
• prepare annual accounts for 3 legal entities;
• review the project financial information with dedicated project controllers;
• take the lead of project control for projects without an assigned project controller;
• are the IT coordinator for the Van Oord UK office;
• manage the pension scheme of the company including liaison with pension providers;
• are the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) processing co-ordinator;
• will arrange non-EU visas.
You are a proven self-starter and problem solver, with a thorough understanding of Work-in-Progress (WIP) cycle. You will have general knowledge and some experience of payroll, PAYE, CIS, VAT, Intrastats, overseas and corporate tax to identify issues and if necessary, seek timely professional advice. In addition, you:
• are a fully qualified accountant, or be part-qualified but have at least 10 years’ experience in leading in a corporate accounts' environment;
• are experienced in a project-based organisation;
• have work experienced in a complex international environment/matrix organisation;
• are Excel wizard and preferably have experience with Unit 4 Agresso software;
• can interact effectively with a Head Office and UK-based subsidiaries and associated trading entities.
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas. You’ll become part of a small but dynamic and professional team in an environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. Furthermore, you will benefit from:
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Plenty of space (and training budget) to develop professionally and personally, also internationally, so that you can continue to grow in your role;
- A salary that suits your experience and responsibilities.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
+31 (0)88 826 8202