Are you looking for a challenging position on the water combined with freedom, responsibility and variety? If so, read on to see what Van Oord has to offer. For Van Oord Grondstoffen B.V. (former Mijnster B.V.) we are looking for a First Mate.
In the role of First Mate you are, together with the Skipper, responsible for the vessel, her crew and her cargo. It may be clear that the safety and well-being of the crew is at the top of it. Our barge vessels transport raw materials (sand, clay, gravel) within The Netherlands and Belgium.
- Together with the Skipper you take care of safe loading, transport and unloading of the cargo with all the usual nautical operations
- Taking care of (preventive) maintenance of the vessel
- Moring and harbouring the vessel
- Experience with barge vessels on inland waterways
- In possession of a Dienstenboekje with a notification of First Mate and Groot Vaarbewijs AB
- Good command of Dutch language, both written and spoken
- A valid driver’s license
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- An independent colleague with a positive and flexible attitude
- The willingness to be away from home from Monday till Friday
A challenging and independent position with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.