Do you have an affinity with Fiscal Affairs and the marine or offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. Our Fiscal Affairs Department in Rotterdam is looking for a fulltime Fiscal Affairs Specialist.
The Fiscal Affairs Specialist has a large degree of autonomy and maintains an overview over his own work and works well and accurate under pressure. The Fiscal Affairs Specialist is responsible for tax advice to business operations in a specific geographical area. The leeway for this is created by staying in close contact with the Area’s in order to be informed and involved on what is going on and able to advise on tenders, tax returns, tax audits and tax proceedings.
- You advises on local taxes on project level, the Dutch corporate income tax position and the overall tax structure of the Van Oord activities worldwide
- You maintains contacts (and participates in meetings) with external advisors and via these external advisors with government bodies and tax authorities worldwide to ensure continuing access to global fiscal knowledge
- You advises the Concern Manager Fiscal Affairs / Area Controllers / Area Directors on international fiscal affairs and tax optimisation, complying to legal regulations
- You provides tax advice to the Area Controllers /Area Directors on tenders, tax returns, tax audits and tax proceedings under the supervision of the Concern Manager Fiscal Affair
- You contributes to the tax structuring and tax optimisation of the Van Oord tax activities
- You assists with local tax audits which consist of technical interpretation of tax treaties and international tax law, interpretation of local tax law and regulations
- You Keep an overview of the submitted and to be submitted tax returns and is a source of information for Area Controllers and Project Controllers who are responsible for the local tax requirements in the project and office countries worldwide to ensure that all the tax obligations are met worldwide
- You prepares, in close coordination with the Concern Manager Fiscal Affairs, periodically reports on currents fiscal affairs and risks and distinguishes important issues at an early stage
- The job requires a university degree Master in Fiscal Economics or Fiscal Law
- Plus minus 10 years of relevant (international) work experience in a comparable job discipline
- You are fluent in English written and verbal
- You are willing to travel (Middle East / Asia and Australia)
A challenging Fiscal role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.